To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 354 diseases and injuries for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1789-1858
- Is it time to rethink the typical course of low back pain?.PM R. 2012; 4 (Epub 2012 Mar 3. PMID: 22381638): 394-401
- Opioids for low back pain.BMJ. 2015; 350 (PMID: 25561513; PMCID: PMC6882374): g6380
Scholl L, Seth P, Kariisa M, et al. Drug and Opioid-Involved Overdose Deaths - United States, 2013-2017, MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep, 67(5152);2018:1419-1427.
- 2018 annual surveillance report of drug-related risks and outcomes — United States. Surveillance special report 2 pdf icon centers for disease control and prevention.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2018
- Global burden of 369 diseases and injuries in 204 countries and territories, 1990-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019.Lancet (London, England). 2020; 396: 1204-1222
- Long-Term Opioid Prescriptions After Spine Surgery: A Meta-Analysis of Prevalence and Risk Factors.World Neurosurg. 2020; 141: e894-e920
- Elective lumbar fusion in the United States: national trends in inpatient complications and cost from 2002-2014.J Neurosurg Sci. 2021; 65: 503-512
- Relieving pain in America: a blueprint for transforming prevention, care, Jamesucation, and research.Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA2011: 5
- US health care spending by payer and health condition, 1996-2016.JAMA. 2020; 323: 863-884
- Chronic low back pain, bacterial infection and treatment with antibiotics.Spine J. 2021; 21 (Epub 2021 Feb 19. PMID: 33610802): 903-914
- Nutrient supply and intervertebral disc metabolism.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88 (PMID: 16595440): 30-35
- Pathology and pathogenesis of lumbar spondylosis and stenosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1978; 3 (PMID: 741238): 319-328
- The human gut microbiome—a potential controller of wellness and disease.Front Microbiol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2018.01835
- Antibiotic treatment in patients with chronic low back pain and vertebral bone edema (Modic type 1 changes): a double-blind randomized clinical controlled trial of efficacy.Eur Spine J. 2013; 22 (Epub 2013 Feb 13. PMID: 23404353; PMCID: PMC3631045): 697-707
- Modic Changes and Disc Degeneration Caused by Inoculation of Propionibacterium acnes inside Intervertebral Discs of Rabbits: A Pilot Study.Biomed Res Int. 2016; 2016: 9612437
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) stimulates the extracellular matrix metabolism of porcine nucleus pulposus and annulus fibrosus cells cultured in alginate beads.Spine (Phila Pa 1976. 2006; 31: 959-966
- Tissue-engineered intervertebral disc and chondrogenesis using human nucleus pulposus regulated through TGF-beta1 in platelet-rich plasma.J Cell Physiol. 2006; 209: 744-754
- Lumbar Intradiskal Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: A Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Study.PM R. 2016; 8 (Epub 2015 Aug 24. PMID: 26314234): 1-10
- Intradiscal platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections for discogenic low back pain: an update.Int Orthop. 2016 Jun; 40 (Epub 2016 Apr 12. PMID: 27073034): 1321-1328
- Treatment of symptomatic degenerative intervertebral discs with autologous platelet-rich plasma: follow-up at 5-9 years.Regen Med. 2019; 14 (Epub 2019 Aug 29. PMID: 31464577; PMCID: PMC6770415): 831-840
- Platelet-Rich Plasma in the Management of Chronic Low Back Pain: A Critical Review.J Pain Res. 2019; 12: 753-767
- Platelet-Rich Plasma-Releasate (PRPr) for the Treatment of Discogenic Low Back Pain Patients: Long-Term Follow-Up Survey.Medicina (Kaunas). 2022; 58 (PMCID: PMC8952290): 428
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Releasate versus Corticosteroid for the Treatment of Discogenic Low Back Pain: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial.J Clin Med. 2022; 11 (PMID: 35053999; PMCID: PMC8777786): 304
- A retrospective analysis of a commercially available platelet-rich plasma kit during clinical use.PM R. 2021; 13 (Epub 2021 Apr 12. PMID: 33543595): 1410-1417
- Clinical outcomes following intradiscal injections of higher-concentration platelet-rich plasma in patients with chronic lumbar discogenic pain.Int Orthop. 2022; (Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35344055)https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-022-05389-y
- Spondylodiscitis due to Cutibacterium acnes following lumbosacral intradiscal biologic therapy: a case report.Regen Med. 2019; 14 (Epub 2019 Aug 19. PMID: 31423905): 823-829
- Risks of Intradiscal Orthobiologic Injections: A Review of the Literature and Case Series Presentation.Int J Spine Surg. 2021; 15 (Apr 21. PMID: 34376494; PMCID: PMC8092939): 26-39
- Optimizing the safety of intradiscal platelet-rich plasma: an in vitro study with Cutibacterium acnes.Regen Med. 2019; 14 (Epub 2019 Oct 7. PMID: 31587600): 955-967
- Does the Intradiscal Injection of Platelet Rich Plasma Have Any Beneficial Role in the Management of Lumbar Disc Disease?.Glob Spine J. 2022; 12 (PMID: 33840260): 503-514
Published online: October 17, 2022
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.